When charges involve alleged sex offenses, many people will consider the defendant guilty until proven innocent.
At Leonard, Hammond, Thoma & Terrill, P.C., we understand what you are up against. The law takes sex crimes extremely seriously. Public opinion is rarely on the side of the accused. That is why it is so important to have an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side.
When the deck seems to be stacked against you, an experienced criminal defense lawyer can help even the odds. Our lawyers have established a record of success representing clients accused of sex crimes in both state and federal court.
We defend clients charged with all types of sex offenses, including those involving:
- Sexual assault, including rape and date rape
- Sexual battery
- Child seduction
- Child pornography, including possession, distribution or creation of child porn
- Sexual misconduct with a minor, including molestation and child abuse
- Statutory rape
- Lewd conduct, such as exposing oneself
- Sexually violent predator (SVP)
The consequences for conviction on sex crime charges are severe and long-lasting. For some offenses, you will be required to register on Indiana’s sex and violent offender registry for the rest of your life.
Experienced Sex Crimes Attorneys
We have successfully represented clients at trial and on appeal all the way to the Indiana Supreme Court, including this important case:
- State v. Wallace: regarding the retroactive imposition of a lifetime requirement to register as a sex offender for a client who was sentenced to register for 10 years
To arrange a consultation with an experienced Fort Wayne sex crimes attorney, schedule an initial consultation using our online contact form or by calling (260) 420-6000.