Randy M. Fisher
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Phone: (260) 420-6000
Randy M. Fisher has built a thriving practice at Leonard, Hammond, Thoma & Terrill and serves a diverse range of clients throughout Indiana. Mr. Fisher has extensive jury trial experience and has earned an exceptional reputation within the legal community for his trial skills. Mr. Fisher’s clients benefit from the combination of his resilient work ethic, vast knowledge of legal issues, and an unsurpassed competitive drive for obtaining favorable results.
Based upon talent, reputation, and most importantly, proven results, Mr. Fisher is consistently retained on high-profile matters. Many of his criminal cases have attracted significant media attention. These matters typically include major felony charges, complex and challenging fact patterns, and matters of local and even national intrigue. In fact, Mr. Fisher has represented several professional athletes and celebrities on various legal issues.
Additionally, Mr. Fisher has established himself as a fierce litigator and trusted advocate on civil matters, including family law and business matters. Clients benefit from Mr. Fisher’s professional and systematic approach to case preparation, his remarkable abilities to construct and negotiate comprehensive resolutions, and a willingness to take matters to trial, if necessary.
Mr. Fisher’s talents extend beyond the courtroom into his appellate practice. Mr. Fisher has successfully briefed and argued cases to the Indiana Court of Appeals and the Indiana Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Criminal Appellate Practice
- Civil and Corporate Litigation
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- J.D. - 2003
- Valparaiso University
- B.A. - 2000
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers
- Fort Wayne Monthly "Top Lawyers." Trial Practice, Criminal Defense
- Indiana State Bar Association Leadership Development Academy, Class 4
- National Football Foundation Hall of Fame: Inductee to Wistert Chapter (Toledo, Ohio)
- Valparaiso University Football: 3-Year Letterwinner
- Valparaiso University’s Outstanding Leadership and Service Award
- Valparaiso University Male Athlete Leadership Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allen County Bar Association, Chair, Lawyer Referral Service
- Indiana State Bar Association, Leadership Development Academy Committee
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Riley Bennett & Egloff, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2005 - 2006
- Allen County, Indiana, 38th Judicial Circuit, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Aboite Lutheran Church
- Jorgensen Family YMCA Board of Directors
- Dancing With The Fort Wayne Stars (Fundraiser benefiting The Carriage House)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Northern Indiana Man and Woman of the Year
- American Heart Association, Fort Wayne Heart Walk
- Muscular Dystrophy Association, Lock-Up
- National Flag Football
- Upward Flag Football
Mr. Fisher previously practiced as an Associate Attorney with the Indianapolis firm of Riley Bennett & Egloff, LLP, from 2005-2006. While at Riley, Bennett &Egloff he practiced in the areas of Civil and Commercial Litigation, Business and Employment Law, Insurance Defense, Intellectual Property, Contract Disputes, Mergers and Acquisitions.
Mr. Fisher began his legal career as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Allen County, Indiana, 38th Judicial Circuit, serving the community from 2003 to 2005. While with the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office he litigated State handgun crimes as the "Gun Prosecutor" under a Federal Firearms grant funded by the United States Department of Justice and Project Safe Neighborhoods.